(1) Membership is open to individuals over eighteen or organizations who
are approved by the Trustees.
(2) (a) The Trustees may only refuse an application for membership if,
acting reasonably and properly, they consider it to be in the best
interests of the Charity to refuse the application.
(b) The Trustees must inform the applicant in writing of the reasons for
the refusal within twenty-one days of the decision.
(c) The Trustees must consider any written representations the
applicant may make about the decision. The Trustees' decision
following any written representations must be notified to the
applicant in writing but shall be final.
(3) Membership is not transferable to anyone else.
(4) The Trustees must keep a register of names and addresses of the
members which must be made available to any member upon request.
Termination of Membership.
Membership is terminated if:
(1) the member dies or, if it is an organization, ceases to exist;
(2) the member resigns by written notice to the Charity unless, after the
resignation, there would be less than two members;
(3) any sum due from the member to the Charity is not paid in full within
six months of it falling due;
(4) the member is removed from membership by a resolution of the
Trustees that it is in the best interests of the Charity that his or her
membership is terminated. A resolution to remove a member from
membership may only be passed if:
(a) the member has been given at least twenty-one days' notice in
writing of the meeting of the Trustees at which the resolution will
be proposed and the reasons why it is to be proposed;
(b) the member or, at the option of the member, the member's
representative (who need not be a member of the Charity) has been
allowed to make representations to the meeting.
If you like what we do and would like to join us, then please download and print the
membership Registration Form and send it to the address on the form or simply complete the form and email it as an attachment to the email address on the form.
DOWNLOAD MEMBERSHIP REGISTRATION FORM